Staying at Our B&B on Puget Sound
The Inn at Mallard Cove is located about 20 minutes away from downtown Olympia and approximately 30 minutes from Tacoma, WA. Situated amidst 14 acres of forest and rich gardens, we also have two nature trails with one leading to our own private beach. If you enjoy sailing, we have the ability to accept guests who can anchor offshore and arrive by skiff or even by floatplane or seaplane!
Check In: between 4:00 and 6:00 P.M. or later by prior arrangement
Check Out: 11:00 A.M.
Your reservation will be confirmed with a deposit equal to the cost of one night’s stay. For multiple day stays, the balance will be charged to your credit card 7 days prior to arrival.We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards. Please call us if you want to use another type of payment.
Cancellations with more than seven days’ notice are subject to a $15 fee to cover credit card processing but the remainder of deposit is fully refundable.
Cancellations with seven or fewer days’ notice are nonrefundable unless we can rebook the room, but we will issue you a complimentary promotional gift certificate for the same number of nights, which will be valid for one year from your original arrival date. If we rebook, you’ll fall under the same policy as “more than 7 days’ notice,” above.
We are unable to accept guest pets on site but can refer you to a very good kennel nearby. It is so good that your pet/s may not want to leave! If you are a disabled person traveling with a service animal as defined by Washington law, please refer to our Service Animal Policy at the bottom of this page.
Children age 12 and above are welcome.
Our three-course, gourmet, fresh-cooked breakfast is served at 8:30 A.M. If you depart earlier than that, and upon request only, from 7:00-8:00 A.M. we offer a continental breakfast with fruit, baked goods, coffee, tea or cocoa.
Our inn is a non-smoking establishment. The inn and the entire 14-acre estate are smoke-free. Smoking is defined as the burning of any substance by a guest.
Violation of no-smoking policy: If, in the innkeeper’s opinion, smoking has occurred in your room during your stay, you agree to pay the cost of smoke and/or odor abatement plus charges for loss of revenue while the room is out of service.
Accidental damage: We understand that accidents happen. If you inform us of accidental damage, we will try to remedy this at no cost to you. However, you agree to pay for any damage, properly documented by innkeeper, which exceeds fair wear and tear.
Wi-Fi: We enjoy high-speed, 4G LTE Internet service. In our rural area, without cable or DSL Internet, this is provided by Verizon Wireless, which limits our monthly data usage. Thus free guest Wi-Fi is limited to 250 MB per day per room, with a paid option for those who need more data.
Service Animal Policy:
We welcome service animals for persons with disabilities as defined in the Washington Law Against Discrimination. If this applies to you, we ask that you reserve by telephone so we can better accommodate your needs. By checking the “Terms and Conditions” box during the on line reservation process, you are verifying that you have already informed us of the service animal by telephone, have read the information below, and will comply with our service animal policy.
Under WA State law, a service animal is one that is trained to assist a disabled person’s sensory, mental or physical disability. Because the animal must be trained, we ask the following in order to accommodate requests to bring a service animal:
1. Notify us in advance if you will bring a service animal.
2. Explain what the animal has been trained to do for you. If the animal has not been trained to do a specific task or provide a specific service, it is not a service animal and will not be permitted here.
3. Service animals must be well-behaved and under your control at all times. Excessive barking or growling or other unruly behavior indicates that the animal has not been well-trained. We reserve the right to ask you to leave if such behavior continues. In this situation, our normal cancellation policies apply.
4. Service Animals may not be left in the room alone.
5. Unless necessary for the service the animal provides, the animal must not be allowed on furniture, bed, sink, tub or shower.
6. There is not additional fee for accommodating your service animal. However, if there is unusual damage or soiling of the premises you agree to indemnify us for the cost of cleaning, repair or replacement of the damaged or soiled item/s.